Colorado Recordkeeping - General laws & safety compliance analysis

Colorado Recordkeeping - General: What you need to know

Comparison: State vs. Federal

Colorado’s hazardous materials motor carrier recordkeeping regulations are stricter in some cases than the federal regulations. See the TABLE for state-specific hazardous materials motor carrier recordkeeping requirements.

For safety safety a Limited Time receive a FREE Safety Special Report on the "50 Tips For More-Effective Safety Training."  Receive 75 pages of useful safety information broken down into three training sections. Download Now

Colorado is not a “state plan” state; that is, it does not have a federally approved occupational safety and health regulatory program. Consequently, the federal rules govern workplace safety and health in the private sector (private businesses, commercial establishments, and nonprofit organizations). There are no laws or regulations that govern workplace safety and health in the public sector (state and local offices and operations, school systems, and commissions) in Colorado.

See the national section RECORDKEEPING for more information on federal recordkeeping requirements.

The Colorado State Patrol regulates the safety and routing of motor carriers of hazardous materials.

The Colorado Ground Water Commission is responsible for administering the rules for groundwater withdrawals in the state, including for the recordkeeping requirements.

The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) administers workplace safety and health rules, including recordkeeping, for private sector workplaces in the state.

State Requirements
Hazardous materials—Motor carriers8 Code of Colorado Regulations 1507-25 HMP 2E Permits must be carried in each motor vehicle unless an enforcement official determines that the permit can be electronically verified at the time of contact. When the vehicle is operated within or through Colorado

Read more about Recordkeeping - General