An employer with a certified workplace Safety Committee is eligible to receive a 5 percent insurance premium discount annually (PA Tit. 77 Sec. 1038.2 et seq.; 34 PA Admin. Code 129.1001 et seq.). The committee will operate for the purpose of hazard detection and accident prevention. A committee and its members must:
- Have operated for 6 consecutive months prior to submitting the application for certification
- Have a minimum of 2 employer and 2 employee representatives
- Meet monthly
- Keep records of meeting agendas, attendance lists, and meeting minutes
- Be trained by a qualified trainer in safety committee operation, hazard inspection, and accident investigation prior to submitting the application for certification
- Receive annual training after obtaining certification
The discount will be applied for up to 5 years after the safety committee is formed, as long as the employer provides written proof that the committee operates continuously during that time.